Pre-workout meal is arguably the most important meal of the day for fitness enthusiasts and it often doubles as breakfast. Adding a scoop of protein to your hot cereal is the perfect pre-workout meal that will fuel your training session. Nothing beats and all natural hot cereal like Rice n’ Grinds that is gluten free, made with organic white rice and vegan. We have collaborated with our friends at Core Nutritionals for this tasty recipe!
- 1 whole egg
- 3 T. (46g) liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 T. (24g) Swerve brown sugar
- 1 cup (80g) quick cooking oats
- 1 scoop (47.3g) Pride Foods Rice n’ Grinds Brown Sugar & Cinnamon 1 scoop (32.8g) Core Nutritionals PRO Cinnamon French Toast
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T. (14g) light butter
- 2 T. (24g) Swerve brown sugar 2 T. (11.5g) paleo flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 30g non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 10g Core Nutritionals PRO cinnamon French toast 1-2 T. unsweetened almond milk
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray 9x5 loaf pan or 8x8 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk wet ingredients: egg, egg whites, vanilla extract and greek yogurt. Add in dry ingredients: salt, brown sugar, quick oats, Rice n’ Grinds, and protein powder. Alternate adding milk and stir to combine. Set aside while you make the crumble.
In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon, mashing with a fork and cutting in pieces until it resembles a crumble.
Pour half of the batter into prepared pan and spread crumble on top then pour remaining batter on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until just set. (It’s ok if the middle is slightly soft, it will continue to set up as you let it cool).
While it’s baking, prepare protein frosting drizzle. In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt and protein powder. Add 1 T. liquid at a time until it reaches a consistency where it will drizzle over oatmeal bake. Once it’s done cooking remove from oven and let cool slight then drizzle over protein frosting.
Serving size: 1 serving (168g), 305 calories, 22g Protein, 37g Carbohydrates, 7.8g Fat Recipe makes 3 servings
Amazing recipe credit goes to Courtney Mighell