For years we have been hearing that everyone should be purchasing organic products due to the potential health risks that can arise from using conventional products that may include or be sprayed with toxic agents to help protect the crops. When we started Pride Foods and launched our very first product, Rice ‘N Grinds, health was at the forefront of our minds.
We only wanted to use the highest quality ingredients in our product and provide you with a product that can fuel your day and workouts. Below, you will find information regarding exactly why we decided to forgo conventional white rice and only provide you with the US Grown Certified Organic Long Grain White Rice.
A Movement Toward Organic White Rice
In many parts of the world, especially Asian countries, a meal is considered incomplete without rice. Rice, which is one of the most consumed food items in the world, is slowly taking a different route. In recent times, people are eliminating rice from their meals due to the use of chemicals applied to the rice and even plastic found mixed in with the rice.
People have started to look for alternatives to conventional white rice, and one of them is organic white rice.
Nowadays, people are well aware of the word “organic” as almost every food item is taking the organic route. In the same way, organic white rice is pesticide-free, fresh, and natural. It is a much healthier option than conventional white rice.
The Importance of Organic White Rice
Conventional white rice can use more than 40 different types of pesticides and herbicides to take care of weeds and insects on a farm. Some of these agents contain toxic chemicals such as piperonyl butoxide, carbaryl, glyphosate, atrazine, and malathion that can be dangerous for human consumption.
Then, on the other hand, you have organic white rice, which uses environmentally friendly products to help improve soil health and minimize nutrient run-off – all while helping eliminate all of the harmful pesticides and herbicides associated with conventional white rice.
In addition to that, the organic white rice industry has been doing extensive research and studies to find out methods to decrease the level of contaminants found in organic rice.
Organic farming is one of the earliest methods of cultivation, where farmers do not use any chemical fertilizers. People have now realized the importance of organic farming and how it can help preserve our health and protect the nutrients found in the product itself.
Additional Benefits of Organic White Rice
- Organic white rice is naturally gluten-free, which makes it a good option for those with gluten sensitivities.
- White rice is incredibly simple to make and prepare in next to no time at all, which makes it ideal for those who meal prep and need a quick and simple carbohydrate source.
- Organic white rice can help increase energy production and fuel your body throughout the day as well as during grueling workouts.
- White rice is considered to be easy to digest, which can help those who may find other carbohydrate sources irritating to the digestive system.
- It is pesticide and herbicide-free. This is one of the essential benefits of organic white rice, as these products, when used on crops, can be extremely harmful to your body.
- Considered to be a perfect carbohydrate source for athletes to help replenish glycogen stores and aid in keeping performance levels elevated.
- It’s a great recovery ingredient for both strength and endurance athletes.